NBCC Happenings (When, What, & Where)
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION (new letter and list below updated April 8, 2020,
Brothers and Sisters in Christ at New Beginnings:
Almost three weeks ago, the leadership of our church announced the closing of most daily church operations and worship services – with the exception of the Drive-In service.
The following information is intended to be open and transparent – allowing you to see the magnitude and the risk at this time. It also shows our government’s position – stating to stay home except for essential services. It does clarify that religious services are considered ‘essential services’. Therefore any of us that feel comfortable attending Drive-In services are assured we are not in violation of any government order – assuming we follow guidelines regarding hygiene and distances.
Much has transpired in the last two weeks – unfortunately not good news. We’ve all watched the pandemic skyrocket, especially in the northeast section of our country. There are over one million Covid-19 cases in the world with the United States leading all nations with almost 240,000 (Florida has over 8,000) cases at this time, and we are told the “peaking” of numbers in America is yet to come. Our government officials are predicting the possibility that 100,000 Americans may perish.
The Governor of Florida has issued a ‘Safer At Home’ directive. In the following, Section 1, is a quote from the Governors Executive Order.
Section 1. Safer At Home
- Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition (such as chronic lung disease, moderate-to-severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised status, cancer, diabetes, severe obesity, renal failure and liver disease) shall stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- In concert with the efforts of President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force to fight COVID-19, and based on guidance provided by Florida Surgeon General and State Health Officer, Dr. Scott Rivkees, all persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential services.
Next, Section 3, is a definition in the order of Essential Activities – showing the one regarding ‘Religious Services’.
Section 3. Essential Activities
- For purposes of this Order and the conduct it limits, “essential activities” means and encompasses the following:
- Attending religious services conducted in churches, synagogues and houses of worship; and
In lieu of these latest official guidelines and directives, our NBCC leadership team is not encouraging people to attend – or not to attend Drive-In. Leadership is encouraging each individual to make the best decision for themselves and their family. We believe strongly that common sense and caution are necessary at this time.
As an alternative the entire service will be uploaded in video form no later than 1:30 PM Sunday afternoons. This can be accessed from the church home page – clicking the white bar (NBCC LIVE) – scrolling down to Past Events – it will be the first sermon. The YouTube version will also be available but will not contain music due to licensing issues.
For those of us that choose to attend the Drive-In Service – every attempt is being made to make hygiene and distancing a mainstay of the services. For example, this Sunday:
- There are changes on distances – offerings will be collected at a safe distance as you leave the service from either exit.
- The handing out of communion items and printed material will be by a secure distance. If you choose to decline receiving a handout, that’s fine.
- The Bible tells us to take communion, which is such an intimate time with God and with each other. We will, of course, continue communion. You may consider an option with communion – you can take the provided communion from a safe distance, or you may choose to bring your own communion emblems. Or as someone said, “BYOC” – Bring Your Own Communion (Rick Rose ☺).
- Last weekend radio reception was not adequate. We’ve made changes. John Allaire has installed a second radio transmitter. You can now listen to the services on 103.9 or 89.1. In case one doesn’t work please switch to the other.
In conclusion, as long as we are allowed to continue the services – by the government and by our own judgement regarding safety, hygiene and distances – we will have a weekly Drive – In service. The joy of seeing each other, waving, smiling, enjoying church community and worshiping together – all helps create a closeness and synergy that revives each of us in times like these.
God Bless You; and remember if you attend – a car horn HONK equals AMEN!!
Brent Diehl – Chairman of the Elders
Here is a list of canceled or postponed activities:
- All church services will be limited to the Drive-In Service at 8:30 a.m. on Sundays. This service will be recorded and placed online later in the day. Please remember to still keep a “social distance” of 6 ft. at the Drive-In Service. We love you, but please no hugs, handshakes, etc.!
- There will NOT be coffee or donuts served outside or inside on Sunday mornings.
- Sunday Inside Services (8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.) CANCELED through the end of April.
- Wednesday night dinner and activities are canceled through the end of April.
- Week of April 5 – the Evening Ladies’ Bible Study, Fitness, ACA, TOPS, Good Friday service (April 10), Easter Egg Hunt (April 11), Easter breakfast (April 12) have all been canceled.
- An “At Home” Day of Prayer & Fasting has been added. See details below.
- Two Drive-In Services will be held on Easter (April 12): Sunrise @ 7 a.m., Drive-In @ 8:30 a.m.
- The Lake Aurora Women’s Retreat has been canceled for 2020. Please see Lake Aurora’s website for further information regarding payments made to the canceled Retreat.
At Home Day of Prayer & Fasting
NBCC, and anyone else interested, is having a “at home” day of Prayer and Fasting starting at 8 p.m. this Friday (Good Friday) to 8 p.m. Saturday. Below is a list of prayer topics to pray over during this time and a list of Scripture readings about prayer. This Friday is Good Friday, the time our Lord was laid in a tomb after being crucified for our sins and before He arose on Resurrection Sunday morning. During this 24-hour period of fasting we should be in constant prayer. May this be a time of faith growth and healing for each of us and our World.
Subject of prayers:
- Praise and honor to the most Holy Lord our God and His righteousness.
- Thanksgiving for the blessings that He has bestowed on us.
- Repentance and forgiveness for our sins.
- Pray for our Country.
- Pray for those that have contracted the coronavirus.
- Pray for healing for the sick.
- Pray for our President, Donald Trump, our Governor, Ron DeSantis .
- Pray for our local government officials.
- Pray for NBCC.
- Pray for Steve Kiefer, his family and his ministry.
- Pray for Kristian Beasly, his family and his ministry.
- Pray for each staff member of NBCC (John Allaire, David Booker, Tonya Clark, Sara Sharp, and Shirley Wentzel) and their families.
- Pray for the leadership at NBCC.
- Pray for NBCC members that are ill or recovering from procedures.
- Pray for the churches around the world and their ministries.
- Pray for the people in other nations and their leadership.
- Pray for those that are in hospitals and nursing homes that cannot have visitors.
- Pray for those that have lost jobs, income, and businesses.
- Pray for the parents that are now required to be school monitors and teaching students at home.
- Pray for the 1st responders and medical personnel that are in harms way with exposure to the virus.
- Pray that many hearts will be opened to our Savior Jesus Christ.
1 John 5:14-15, 1 Chronicles 16:11, 2 Chronicles 7:14-15, Ephesians 1:18-19, Ephesians 6:18, John 17:15, James 5:13, Mark 11:24-25, Matthew 5:44, Matthew 6:7-13, Psalm 17:6, Psalm 102:17, Psalm 141:2, Romans 12:12-13, Psalm 145:18, Luke 11:2-4, Luke 6:12, Luke 18:1, Philippians 4:6-7,
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 1 Timothy 2:8, James 5:16, 1 Timothy 2:1-2
What IS Happening:
- Two Drive-In Services will be held on Easter (April 12): Sunrise @ 7 a.m., Resurrection Celebration Drive-In Service @ 8:30 a.m.
What’s been canceled:
- The Choir’s Easter program (scheduled for Sunday, April 5).
- The Good Friday service (April 10).
- The Easter Egg Hunt (April 11).
- Easter breakfast (April 12).
When: Sunday, May 3, noon
Where: Pastor Steve’s office (just off the Foyer in the main building).
Who: Anyone wanting to partner with NBCC. If you are new to NBCC and would like to learn more about us, then Discovering NBCC is for you. Discovering NBCC is a way to find out about our family of believers and learn the next steps to get connected.
Alzheimer “Caregiver College”
When: May 16
What: FREE Education series from the Alzheimer’s Association will be hosted by NBCC. The Saturday, March 28 schedule is:
– Effective Communication and Understanding Dementia-Related Behavior
(10 a.m.-12 p.m.)
Lake Aurora Women's Retreat
WHEN: Friday, April 24 –
Saturday, April 25, or Saturday, April 25 – Sunday, April 26
Iron Sharpens Iron (Men's Conference)
When: Postponed to Saturday, September 20
What: Iron Sharpens Iron – Attention Men! We will be attending the Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conference in Sarasota as a group. Please sign-up today and join us! This one-day conference is for men of all ages; beginning with men ages 13 and older. Cost is $44 plus $8 on-site optional lunch. There will be sixteen different seminars for men at this conference, so we know there will be something for everyone of us. The NBCC bus will be going. Pick up a conference flyer and sign up in the hallway by the NBCC office. Note: Don’t let the cost discourage your attendance. A limited number of scholarships are available. The signup sheet will be taken down until August.
NBCC Tile Wall Fundraiser
What: It’s time to update our Tile Wall in the Courtyard. For $15 (per tile) you can add a tile and decorate it yourself in honor of, in memory of, or just because.
When: Stay tuned for a new date.
Israel 2021 Trip
When: March 1 – 10, 2021
What: Pastor Steve is hosting a trip to Israel with an optional side excursion to Eygpt. His invite to you…”I invite you to join me on this Bible Land Exploration program that will expand our knowledge of the Bible and this sacred land. A journey following in the footsteps of Jesus will change the way you read the Bible, and you will learn why scholars refer to the Holy Land as the “Fifth Gospel.” Please consider this brochure my personal invitation to be a part of this adventure in faith and join me in experiencing a once in a lifetime journey as we see the Bible come to life!” If you have questions about safety, click here.
You can use the info at the top of the online brochure to register.
Scrips (Gift Cards)
Scrips (Gift Cards) Available
When: Every Sunday
Where: Family Life Center following the
8 a.m. Inside and 8:30 a.m. Drive-In Services and at the Foyer Welcome Center following the 10:30 a.m. Inside Service. Purchase from CWF (Christian Women’s Fellowship).
Online Purchases:. Set up your family’s account at shopwithscrip.com. Use NBCC’s enrollment code (BCE888L9147L) and you can order eGift cards or have physical gift cards delivered directly to you. CWF will still receive a percentage IF you use our enrollment code.
Drawings: This year we are adding more drawings. For each gift card you purchase, your name will go into a drawing to be held the last Sunday in June and September 2020 for a free $10 gift card. October – December two free $10 card drawings will be held 3 Sunday’s in December.
Life Line Screening
When: Date yet to be announced
What: Life Line Screening, a leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings, will host their affordable, non-invasive and painless health screenings. In order to register for this event and to receive a $10 discount off any package priced above $129, please call 1-888-653-6450 or text CIRCLE to 797979 or visit online.
When: Every Sunday for the Sanctuary
Who: Anyone can purchase to honor or remember someone
You can then take the flowers home after the service. We only ask that you bring back the container for recycling. Email us if you are interested. Your check can be sent to NBCC @ 4100 S. Manhattan Ave., Tampa, FL 33611 or click here to send through your bank.
Please feel free to download our monthly newsletter.