Helping You Grow Your FaithSmall group Bible Study is an essential part of spiritual growth and spiritual health. Pray about it and make time to get into His Word!
During this time of dealing with COVID-19, we suggest you use RightNow Media in your home Bible Studies. Below are two buttons:
- The first one, if you already have set up your RightNow Media account.
- The second one, if you need to set up your RightNow Media account.
nexus – Mid-Week Connection with Pastor Steve
Are you missing being connected? Connect with Pastor Steve via ZOOM on Wednesday nights @ 7 p.m. for mid-week encouragement. Meeting id: 711 4013 5311, passcode: SmgvH6 (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/71140135311)
Ladies’ Bible Studies
1) Join Sarah Kay for a “virtual” Bible Study on Mondays at 9:30 a.m. or Fridays at 2 p.m. You can do it through your computer or smart phone and/or by calling in. Bonus: if you can make the video work – you can make faces at each other and change up virtual backgrounds while we talk. Contact Sarah Kay at 732-2357 or Sarah.Kay@gordon.edu for more details. Join from a computer or smart phone:
Or Telephone: (470) 869-2200
Meeting ID: 149 586 7857
2) The Wednesday Night Ladies’ study group meets at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays in Room 101B. They will begin 12-week study on Wednesday, November 11, titled The Not So Minor Prophets using a study guide by Barbara Ellen Houston McCain. See Tracey Porath for a study guide (cost around $12). Contact Tracey Porath at 240-2551 or TPorath@verizon.net for more detail.
3) The Monday night Ladies’ Bible Study is on break until January 2021. They meet on Monday nights in Room 101 in the Courtyard at 6:30 p.m. Email Tammy McCready for more details.
Note: If you haven’t created your RightNow Media account and need help, please email Sara Sharp.
Men’s Bible Study
Time: Tuesday mornings at 6:45 a.m. using ZOOM or at NBCC in Room 101. Starting Tuesday, December 1, the men will study Advent with J.D. Greear using RightNow Media. Click here to access the study guide. Click here to access Advent on RightNow Media.
This study meets in Room 101 as well as a ZOOM meeting. To join the Zoom Meeting ID: 468 934 011. Contact Rick Rose at 968-2236 or email@example.com for more information. Note: If you haven’t created your RightNow Media account and need help, please email Sara Sharp.
Sunday School has started back!
All 9:30 a.m. classes, Nursery, and Children’s programming (“Real Kids”) during the 10:30 Inside Service have resumed! Since we’ve just started, this would be a great time for you to start attending a class. Classes are all on the first floor around the courtyard, except the Middle and High School Youth who meet on the second floor (they are studying God’s in Control via RightNow Media led by Kristian Beasley). During 9:30, the downstairs Sunday School classes are:
- Room 101 – 1st-5th Grade using Orange 252Kids curriculum,
- Room 101B – Adult class led by Lenore Hood, using Francis Chan’s Book of James via RightNow Media,
- Room 102 – Adult class led by Rick Atkinson and David Ingram using the Gospel Project,
- Room 104 – Nursery,
- Room 106 – NEXT (Adults ages 18-30) led by Melissa Joyner, using Kyle Idleman’s Not a Fan via RightNow Media,
- Room 107 – Adult class led by David Booker, studying the 23rd Psalm via RightNow Media.
6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important
- Sunday School improves your Bible knowledge.
- Sunday School assists your spiritual growth.
- Sunday School provides a “place to belong.”
- Sunday School helps you build meaningful relationships.
- Sunday School values your time. Sunday School groups happen on Sunday at 9:30 a.m.…at a time when you should already be here.
- Sunday School has a place for the whole family. In one trip to church, your entire family can participate in the important purposes of Bible study, fellowship, and discipleship.
Wednesday Night Studies
NBCC has made the decision to cancel our Wednesday Night Dinner and Activities. Stay tuned for information as to when these will resume.
We have Wednesday Night activities for all ages at 7 p.m. Wednesday night is always the perfect time to commit and get a spiritual boost mid-week.
Our adult activities are:
– Ladies’ Bible Study in the Courtyard in Room 101.
– Signing Class in Room 102.
– Choir in Room 107.
– A Bible Study in Room 107 led by Pastor Steve. This is a Bible Study Growing Through Acts. Let’s dedicate ourselves to grow through this book with a verse-by-verse study. You are encouraged to bring your Bibles and invite a friend (or two…or three…or more). This study is live-streamed on NBCC Live!.